Sustainability Committee Overview:
The Parkmerced Sustainability Committee serves to make recommendations to Parkmerced’s management and to the Parkmerced community that promote environmental sustainability and enhance the quality of life. The committee is comprised of Parkmerced’s staff and residents, who meet on the last Monday of every month. For more info., or if you are interested in joining, please contact email@example.com
The Parkmerced Sustainabiliy Committee focuses on evaluating and identifying environmental policies and practices that promote the most effective use of resources; coordinates and consolidates sustainability efforts; and utilizes its work for education and communication. The committee’s work and activities are centered on the Parkmerced community.
- Promote a safe and healthy environment for all who live, work, play in and visit Parkmerced.
- Adopt sound ecological stewardship practices (air, land, water, & wildlife).
- Advocate for the conservation of resources, energy efficiency, waste reduction, recycling, composting, pollution prevention, and other measures consistent with sustainable living.
- Share knowledge & educate.
- Develop recommendations that can be implemented under current budget constraints.
- Evaluate long-term, or cost-prohibitive initiatives, in the context of the Parkmerced Vision Plan.
- Assist Parkmerced’s management in carrying out its civic environmental responsibilities.
- Contribute to long-range environmental planning in Parkmerced.